Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pale Gold

When it comes to nail polish, I can't get enough of creme pastels (especially if they're of the green, blue or purple family), feminine nudes and chunky, packed glitters. I'm not usually drawn to foils or frosts, traditional reds, brights or darker colours as much. Regardless, variety is the spice of life and having more options is always better than sticking to the same old. The upside to having a whole drawer of nail polish is that I can change up what I'm wearing depending on my mood. Right now I'm sporting Revlon Crème Brûlée, the closest thing in my collection to Orly Rage, a shade that I stumbled upon recently and now wish I possessed. Crème Brûlée is a metallic champagne, a kind of goldish light beige colour with a fairly subtle sheen. It certainly isn't as shiny and shimmery as Rage, and much lighter and more yellow-leaning in colour, as opposed to a bronzy rose gold.

Natural light 

With flash



Application was smooth and this is 2 coats with a clear base coat. Normally this isn't a colour I'd gravitate towards, but after testing it on one of my nails at Gloss, I literally returned to the shop about 10 minutes after leaving it just to buy it. The shade and finish make for an understated neutral that still has some interest. I like that the fine shimmer isn't silver-based so it's not frosty, and the colour itself is a more subdued champagne than a straight up, yellow-based gold. It'll have to be the closest substitute in my collection for that perfect rose gold I've yet to find.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment. The Ecotools set is their 5 Piece set with two bonuses included. They're very soft.

    I really like your blog, your photos are excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...